Monday, August 25, 2008

We Are Delaware

I'm in Delaware right now. The up-and-coming State. The State that is slowly being put back on the map... when it was the first state put on the map... and then became one of the easiest to forget. 
Now, thanks to Biden, it's... a step. A step towards people somewhat caring about the little state again. A step towards showing we have more to offer than just tax-free shopping and beaches. A step towards freedom. A step away from being the First State First Forgotten... Today we celebrate our Delaware Day. We Are Delaware. 

I hear crickets outside my window. It feels as though they're welcoming me. With each chirp - "Hey" "Hi" "Seth" "Remember?" "Home." Each chirp so deliberate. This is what they do. This is their nature. Their natural state. 

There must be a way to somehow bypass all that restaurant cooking and go straight into having a show on food network. I don't think I could handle all that stress of making meal after meal and it need to be in such a short amount of time. Performing and cooking for a show would be ideal. Somehow. Someday. A mom and pop store/restaurant/book shop/flower shop. It will all be so. Somehow.

To You who reads my blogs, the one, I love you and your words. Even though I'm worn right now, and my mind is a blur, all that is clear is you.

Warmest Regards
Seth Kirschner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

delaware has beaches?